Water Efficiency Certification
Properties are considered water efficient if certain water fixtures meet the standards, JT’s Plumbing and Gas Fitting can asses and provide a quote make your property water efficient.
This is important to do if you have an investment property as the RTA (Residential Tenancies Authority) requires you to have a Water Efficiency Certificate before you can pass on the full cost of water consumption to your tenant.
For your property to be deemed water efficient as stated by the RTA (Residential Tenancies Authority) the following standards need to be meet:
- The rental property is individually metered (or water is delivered by vehicle)
- All internal cold water taps, except those serving a bath, are to deliver a maximum of 9 litres of water per minute.
- Shower heads are to have a maximum flow rate of 9 litres per minute.
- Toilets are to be dual flush, with the maximum flush volume of the full flush to be 6.5 litres, the maximum for the half flush being 3.5 litres and a maximum average flush volume of 4 litres (based on the average of 1 full flush and 4 half flushes).
In most cases to obtain a Water Efficiency Certificate, QLD, we can assist by taking some simple steps such as:
- Upgrading tapware and outlets &/or
- Installing flow restricting aerators &/or
- Installing flow restrictor fittings behind the spouts &/or
- Installing flow restrictors in the tap
- Completing all documentation
JT’s Plumbing and Gas Fitting is a family owned and operated Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast plumbing and gas service. We pride ourselves on quality workmanship and strive to provide superior service and solutions.
Get in touch today for a free quote on your gas or plumbing needs.
QBCC Licence #15180821
J&S Thomas Enterprises Pty Ltd The Trustee for The J & S Thomas Business Trust
Send Us A Message Here
© 2020 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED – JT’s Plumbing and Gas